Solution Architect “Schedule Hub”
Hero is looking for an interim Solution Architect for a large "digital logistics" firm with global presence and reach. Purpose of the role is to create a Schedule Hub to ensure sustainability, both from an IT as an Environmental perspective.
About the organization
The company is a not-for-profit, independent organization, established in 2019 by several of the largest shipping companies in the world. Their mission is to be the de facto standards body for the industry, setting the technological foundation for interoperable data and technology products. Together with its member carriers, the organization creates vendor neutral, technology agnostic, standards for IT and non-competitive business practices. By working towards widespread adoption of these standards, their aim is to move the industry forward in terms of customer experience, efficiency and sustainability. With many standards developed, they now strive to move beyond standards and will also transform to a data hub.
About the Schedule Hub
As a Solution Architect for the future schedule hub, you will have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to shape the future of this global logistics firm, more specifically an industry with an enormous impact on global economy, environment and sustainability! As a solution architect, you will be part of building a global mission critical industry infrastructure application that will provide single version of the truth container sailing schedules for the company's members and other operational stakeholders.
About the role
As a solution architect for the schedule hub you own the architecture and technical design of the platform and application infrastructure end-to-end. The platform will be a centralized 24/7 mission critical application that will support the entire operational eco-system within their core business to make the right operational decisions for multi-million dollar assets – in real time. Working with a team of consultants and subject matter experts from across the industry and across the world, you will manage external and internal IT partners to deliver a multi-component solution consisting of both custom-built application source-code, a standardized API platform and IPAAS as well as business intelligence architecture.
Responsibilities and Deliverables:
- Recommend end-to-end architecture and design of the schedule hub
- Recommend and participate in IT partner selection and management
- Manage Technology and data partners who build the schedule hub
- Conduct technical reviews with partners and drive constructive collaboration towards results
- Align with stakeholders and colleagues to ensure a common understanding of critical requirements and decisions
- Understand the core functional requirements of the industry to select the right technical architecture
Ideally we would have someone onboarded mid February, with the option to start part-time and increase in hours (32-40 p/w) over the course of the following weeks. You can work in hybrid form with the on-site location being Amsterdam.
- Multi-year experience in building and running mission critical 24/7 applications
- Solid technical and architectural background from previous roles
- Knowledge of container shipping is an advantage but not a pre-requisite
- Strong communication skills in English
Voor iedereen die geen idee heeft wat Hero doet, maar dat wél graag wil weten, hebben wij een speciale website ontwikkeld: