Scrum Master / Agile Coach
On behalf of the largest food retailer in the BeNeLux, Hero is looking for a scrum master for their three app development teams.
These teams have been blazing the trail for years with their rewards and discount systems; benchmarking the process for other supermarkets. Their website and app are used by millions of customers in the Netherlands and Belgium. The Promotions & Insipiration squad is responsible for several important parts of this app and site helping their customers to find tasty, healthy and affordable products online, on mobile devices and in the stores.
The Promotion & Inspiration squad consists of three teams (approx 6 people each) building out the app in close collaboration with its product stakeholders. The web frontend team uses React and Typescript, the mobile team works on the native iOS and Android app and he backend team builds supporting services in Java/Kotlin connecting the app to their ecosystem. All teams work in DevOps mode, and are empowered and responsible to run and support the app in production.
For the web and backend teams we are looking for a scrum master who will work closely together with the Product Owner and the engineers. Responsibilities include:
– Coordinate sprints, retrospective meetings and daily stand-ups
– Ensure user stories and backlog are up to quality standards
– Coach team members in Agile frameworks
– Facilitate internal communication and effective collaboration
– Work with product owners to handle backlogs and new requests
– Resolve conflicts and remove obstacles that occur
– Help teams implement changes effectively
– Guide development teams to higher scrum maturity
– Help build a productive environment where team members ‘own’ the product and enjoy working on it
The new scrum master can start in September, and you can work both 4 days or 5 days per week. The role can be done in hybrid for, with one average 1 day on-site in the Amsterdam region, the rest remotely.
- Experience as a scrum master within a corporate environment
- Fluent in English, Dutch language skills are a plus
- Relevant certifications (PSM etc.)
Voor iedereen die geen idee heeft wat Hero doet, maar dat wél graag wil weten, hebben wij een speciale website ontwikkeld: