We are looking for a Backend Developer for one of our clients in the Amsterdam region.
- Building the next-gen version of Cookbook Develop and improve other new features for our customer
- Creating a new recommendation engine to help users plan their next meals
- Combining data from Bonus and recipes to help users find some great (and delicious) meal deals
- Building a community platform for home cooks, where they can share their best work, and rate and review the work of others
- Monitor the applications and services and keep track of performance and stability
- Making our content editors happy by making our Bloomreach CMS implementation as efficient and smart as possible
You'll get to play with all the toys, like GraphQL for Cookbook and a new external API for shoppable recipes. Plus, there are also some big technical challenges to solve: sunsetting our usage of an Oracle DB in favour of Postgres and MongoDB, combining data sources in Bloomreach CMS to speed up editing flows, supporting multi tenancy in our recipe service and more.
Together with the web and app developers, you'll work on providing a stable and lovable platform for the millions of users that rely on the app every week. You'll be part of a hybrid and international team, with people from agencies and different time zones working together.
- An HBO (University of Applied Sciences) degree in Computer Science, IT or a comparable subject. Or a proven academic work and thinking level
- At least 4 years' work experience as a Backend Developer, Java Developer, Kotlin Developer or Backend DevOps Engineer etc.
- Experience with Java 8 or higher, Services (APIs) and CI/CD
- Experience with Kubernetes and Public Cloud
- Experience with and knowledge of Bloomreach Experience Manager – brXM is a pre
- Knowledge of Scrum/Kanban (Agile)
- A getting-things-done mentality
- An appetite to be the expert on content and how this is used and to be the cms go-to person